The Career Exploration Center is excited to offer many virtual events this fall. Whether you want to dive deep to learn more about a specific career path, want to think about which major is the best fit for you, or learn more about how majors and careers connect, we would love to help!
Virtual Group Advising: How to Choose a Major
There are more than 150 majors at UW-Madison, so how do you choose? The Career Exploration Center is here to help as you explore your major options. During these group advising events, you will have an opportunity to ask all your major-related questions, such as:
- What steps can I take to figure out my major?
- How do I know if a major is a good fit for me?
- How do I choose classes if I’m not sure of my major?
- How do I figure out what to do with my major after graduation?
- What will employers think about my major?
These sessions are ideal for first-year students interested in learning more about majors at UW-Madison. Come with your questions! We look forward to meeting you!
- Friday, November 6 from 12:00-1:00 pm Register Today
- Thursday, November 12 from 3:00-4:00 pm Register Today
- Monday, November 16 from 4:00-5:00 pm Register Today
- Wednesday, December 2 from 7:00-8:00 am Register Today
- Friday, December 11 from 12:00-1:00 pm Register Today
- Tuesday, December 15 from 3:00-4:00 pm Register Today
Exploring Careers in Healthcare (Virtual Event)
Curious about health careers and wondering how to explore during uncertain times? Or, do you have a career in mind, but want to learn more about members of the healthcare team? Attend this workshop to discover helpful exploration resources and chat with advisors from the Career Exploration Center, the Center for Pre-Health Advising, and L&S SuccessWorks to get your questions answered.
- Thursday, October 29 from 12:00-1:00 pm Register Today
Virtual Chat with an Expert
Are you interested in exploring career paths by hearing from experts? In these virtual chats, the Career Exploration Center will be joined by experts from across campus to talk about a variety of different career paths. Each of these chats will be a facilitated conversation with an expert, followed by an opportunity for you to ask questions! These events are open to all undergraduate students. All majors and years are welcome!
Registration in handshake is required.