Career Exploration Center (CEC) advisors are available to support undergraduate students who are undecided about their academic and career goals.
Students can meet with a CEC advisor all year for an in-person or remote appointment.
How to schedule an appointment
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Step 1: Find appointment options
Appointment length: 1 hour
Appointment availability: Generally between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm CST
Appointment type: CEC advisors are available to meet with you in-person or remotely via phone or video chat.
- For phone appointments:
- Your Starfish confirmation email will contain instructions for accessing your appointment.
- For video chat appointments:
- Your Starfish confirmation email will contain a link to your Zoom appointment. Click on the link to start your appointment.
- For in-person appointments:
- You are encouraged, but not required, to wear a mask.
- If you are feeling ill, please change your appointment to Phone or Online-Zoom in Starfish.
Step 2: If needed, request appointment accomodations
Whether you are looking for an appointment time outside of normal office hours, a shorter appointment time, or other accommodations, please use this form to send us your request.
Once you submit the form, a member of the Career Exploration Center advising team will respond within two business days and will work with you to find an appointment time that works for both you and your advisor.
Step 3: Learn who you can meet with
You may choose to meet with a specific CEC advisor, or with whomever is available at your preferred date/time.
The CEC professional advisors come from a variety of educational backgrounds and life experiences. What they all have in common is a desire to help undergraduates who are exploring their major and career options.
Step 4: Schedule through Starfish
Access all CEC advisor calendars through Starfish
- If you are using Starfish for the first time, search “Starfish” in your MyUW page and add it to your dashboard.
- Select any available appointment time that works for your schedule.
More Career Resources
At UW-Madison, there are over 150 majors you can choose from. With all these options, it will benefit you now and in the future to take time to explore majors.
Resume, Cover Letter, & Interview Preparation
If you're looking for help with resumes, cover letters, job or internship searches, and/or interview preparation, schedule an appointment with the career service office for your specific academic school or college.
Career exploration is a lifelong process, and there are so many different ways to explore. Below are some strategies you can use to get started. There is no wrong way to explore!