Career Exploration Center (CEC) advisors are available to support undecided and exploring students. Students are able to meet with CEC advisors remotely through a phone or video appointment.
Access all of the CEC advisors’ calendars through Starfish:
- If you are using Starfish for the first time, search “Starfish” in your MyUW page and add it to your dashboard.
- Select any available appointment time that works for your schedule.
- The appointment time will default to 30 minutes; however, you can also adjust your time and choose an hour-long meeting.
CEC advisors are available to meet with you via phone or video chat, for either 30 minutes or 1 hour, and are generally available between 7:00 am-7:00 pm CST.
- If you schedule a phone appointment, your Starfish confirmation email will contain instructions on how to access your appointment.
- If you schedule a video chat appointment, you will receive a meeting invitation email from Microsoft Teams that will include instructions for accessing your appointment.
- If you would like a 30-minute or 1-hour appointment but do not see that option available, it simply means your advisor has a conflict at that specific date/time. Please choose a different date/time to schedule your appointment, or look at another advisor’s calendar to schedule an appointment for your preferred length.
You may choose to meet with a specific CEC advisor, or with whomever is available at your preferred date/time.
The CEC professional advisors come from a variety of educational backgrounds and life experiences. What they all have in common is a desire to help undergraduates who are exploring their major and career options.
We know that many UW students are living and learning all around the world and in different time zones, and all students are managing busy schedules. We want to ensure all students who are interested in meeting with a CEC advisor can do so.
Use this form to request an appointment outside of our standard operating hours (9:00am-4:00pm CST). Once you submit the form, a member of the Career Exploration Center advising team will respond within two business days and will work with you to find an appointment time that works for both you and your advisor.
More Career Resources
Unsure of where to start your major exploration process? Find a list of majors separated by interest area and frequently asked questions.
If you're looking for help with resumes, cover letters, job or internship searches, and/or interview preparation, schedule an appointment with the career service office for your specific academic school or college.