During the time when campus has transitioned to alternative methods of instruction and advising, Career Exploration Center (CEC) advisors are still available to support undecided and exploring students. Students are able to meet with CEC advisors remotely through a phone or video appointment.
Access all of the CEC advisors’ calendars through Starfish:
- If you are using Starfish for the first time, search “Starfish” in your MyUW page and add it to your dashboard.
- Select any available appointment time that works for your schedule.
- The appointment time will default to 30 minutes; however, you can also adjust your time and choose an hour-long meeting.
CEC advisors are available to meet with you via phone or video chat, for either 30 minutes or 1 hour, and are generally available between 7:00 am-7:00 pm CST.
- If you schedule a phone appointment, your Starfish confirmation email will contain instructions on how to access your appointment.
- If you schedule a video chat appointment, you will receive a meeting invitation email from Microsoft Teams that will include instructions for accessing your appointment.
- If you would like a 30-minute or 1-hr appointment but do not see that option available, it simply means your advisor has a conflict at that specific date/time. Please choose a different date/time to schedule your appointment, or look at another advisor’s calendar to schedule an appointment for your preferred length.
You may choose to meet with a specific CEC advisor, or with whomever is available at your preferred date/time.
The CEC professional advisors come from a variety of educational backgrounds and life experiences. What they all have in common is a desire to help undergraduates who are exploring their major and career options.
- Is the CEC the right place for me?
- How can I begin exploring majors and careers before scheduling an appointment?
- I’m looking for help with resumes, cover letters, job or internship searches, and/or interview preparation.
- Schedule an appointment with the career service office for your specific academic school/college. Learn more about other career services
- I still have questions.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within 1-3 business days.
More CEC Resources
CEC is now holding drop-in advising via Microsoft Teams. Drop-in advising is ideal for quick questions and will be limited to 10 - 15 minutes. Learn more about when drop-ins will be held.
Virtual workshops and events are being offered whether you want to dive deep to learn more about a specific career path, want to explore which major is the best fit for you, or want to learn more about how majors and careers connect.