Career Exploration Center (CEC) advisors are available to support undecided and exploring students. Students are able to meet with CEC advisors remotely through a phone or video appointment.
Access all of the CEC advisors’ calendars through Starfish:
- If you are using Starfish for the first time, search “Starfish” in your MyUW page and add it to your dashboard.
- Select any available appointment time that works for your schedule.
- The appointment time will default to 30 minutes; however, you can also adjust your time and choose an hour-long meeting.
CEC advisors are available to meet with you via phone or video chat, for either 30 minutes or 1 hour, and are generally available between 7:00 am-7:00 pm CST.
- If you schedule a phone appointment, your Starfish confirmation email will contain instructions on how to access your appointment.
- If you schedule a video chat appointment, you will receive a meeting invitation email from Microsoft Teams that will include instructions for accessing your appointment.
- If you would like a 30-minute or 1-hr appointment but do not see that option available, it simply means your advisor has a conflict at that specific date/time. Please choose a different date/time to schedule your appointment, or look at another advisor’s calendar to schedule an appointment for your preferred length.
You may choose to meet with a specific CEC advisor, or with whomever is available at your preferred date/time.
The CEC professional advisors come from a variety of educational backgrounds and life experiences. What they all have in common is a desire to help undergraduates who are exploring their major and career options.
More CEC Resources
Unsure of where to start your major exploration process? Find a list of majors separated by interest area and frequently asked questions.
If you're looking for help with resumes, cover letters, job or internship searches, and/or interview preparation, schedule an appointment with the career service office for your specific academic school or college.